“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 16 June 2011

Jenny Takes a Tumble

The most important day thus far of my time at Michelin, started with a bang…Literally.

Those of you who know me can attest to the fact that I’m not a morning person, but my time in France has allowed me to change a little. It has become a sacred time, with my cafĂ© (espresso for all you Americans), music, and my newspaper. It sets the day out right, and I’m usually in a great mood by the time I leave my apartment. Well this particular day, I was rushed, excited, and ready for the day. I picked out the perfect outfit for the day, and headed out the door with more things than usual.

I started down the hard stone stairs, when my perfectly selected shoes, got stuck on my perfectly selected pants, and my arms full of computers, breakfast, and other items for the day, failed to grasp the railing…thus resulting in a mighty quake, which simultaneously looked like a tornado with everything flying through the air.

Luckily, nothing was bleeding, and for the most part I was fine. My neighbour, heard the bang, and rushed out to help. As my former roommates know, our neighbour is a complete mystery, and we’ve all been dying to know more about her...Anyways, she babbled on for 15 minutes in incomprehensible French about her cat and apartment, while I iced my knees and head, and recovered. Success.

I lovelingly now refer to it as my good luck quake, because it ended in a eventful successful day...Post coming NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment