“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Here I go again

Well, for those of you don't know, I am headed back to France, for two more months with Michelin.

While at Michelin, I was working on a project that just couldn't be finished in three months. My boss asked if I could come back to finish it, and of course, I said yes! I had been there for 7 months before I came back for a crazy month in America.

Honesty time: I'm scared, sad, excited, nervous, curious. All those emotions at one time. Unfortunately for me, this means that I go silent, into my little box. I blame my years in the athletics world for this, but when I am anxious about something, I can't say a lot. I assume it came from the many practiced ''focus hours'' on a bus ride to a game, but either way, writing seems the best way for me to express everything.

It's hard for me to say goodbye to everyone. There are so many things that I want to say to each person, but at this moment, just can't. I have had a wonderful month at home with friends and family, and I am so thankful for all the support I have. I saw my parents, my nephews and nieces, my best friends from college, and my new friends from Grad school. All of whom mean the world to me, and I will miss dearly.

I'm currently at the airport, ordering round 2 for today of buffalo wings, one of the many American foods that I'll miss for the next two months, but while I'm having my last moments with American fried...I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm headed back to one of the food capitals of the world, so in approximately 16 hours from now, I will being holding a baguette and fresh French cheese. I'm content.

Coming and going like I have in the last month, wasn't easy, I had to relearn what it means to be American, reevaluate my values, re-meet my family and friends, and now I get to do it all over again. And the truth is, I wouldn't change my life for a second.

I am blessed. I have the opportunity of a lifetime, again.

Stay tuned for more photos and exciting adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I will enjoy following what sounds like an ending of your last adventure in France! Have a good time!

    Becky Gregg

    ReplyDelete