“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 11 June 2010

Last Week in Texas

My Last week here in Texas has been amazing, I've done all the things I would possibly had dreamed of doing!

I started out the week with a visit to my Granbury family, hanging with Tommy and Menielle.We shopped, swam, and ate GREAT food, with Great Company! What more could you want?! It was perfect!

I came home and finished my packing, but my but my decision-making skills were definitely put to the test. I was supposed to get a camera for graduation in December, but true to form, I couldn't decide which one to get. I had finally narrowed it down...and thought my mind was made up, until I arrived at the store...nikon, canon, newer older, bigger lens, more mp.....so many choices! I paced the store for over an hour, before finally making my decision. Drum roll please

The CANON EOS rebel T1i, and I LOVE it!
Good Decision.

This weekend, we had the Dodd Family Annual retreat weekend! Where we made the world's longest slip'n'slide--or so we like to think--and we swam, ate WAY too much good food, played a lot of games,and just got to be our nerdy wonderful selves. AWESOME PICTURES TO COME, I'm having trouble uploading.

Well, I have been thinking a lot in this last week, that I am absolutely CRAZY for leaving Texas, but today I was reminded exactly why. This morning we had Dodd family church, with all my brothers, spouses, and kids. It was great, and at the end of church, they gave me a blessing and charge for my upcoming year. Everyone went around and said things that they admired and appreciated, all nice, but the one common theme was that they saw ways God had been preparing me to go out into the world of my great 22 years of life, and how much they not only looked up to me, the BABY of the family, but that I inspired their lives. So if for nothing else, I want to take these next couple years to be an example for my family, nephews and nieces, and to make my way in the world outside of my small bubble, AKA Abilene.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a long journey, both physically and mentally, I Can't Wait! Your prayers are definitely welcomed, as are your phone calls over the next two days, cause I have 20 hours of road time! Can't wait to be in Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment