“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 19 June 2010

Where the streets have no name

Today was first first day flying solo, my parents left early this morning, and I actually woke up with a fever. Not exactly the way I wanted to start out my first day in my new city.

Anyways, today has just been a relaxer, from such a stressful week. I visited with friends from home, and finished putting together my apartment! A worthwhile Saturday if you ask me, but in my alone-time today, I realized that for the first time in my life, I'm in a place where--to quote the almighty Bono--"the streets have no names." What I mean by that is my WHOLE life has existed in a little bit of a shadow. I've always been Carley and Ada's daughter, or my brothers' sister. As I've gotten older, I've definitely made my fair share of friends and contacts, that are solely my own, and I've never really minded living in a little shadow, but for the first time, It's just me. To the people of South Carolina, I'm just Jenny Dodd, and I am truly excited to show them what that means! The best part is that when I show them Jenny Dodd, they will see little bits of my life in Texas, parts of my family and friends that I've grown from, and those parts will shine through me.

My Streets of South Carolina have no name yet, but they will, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment